Mosquito Trap – A Cheap Way June 15, 2012Posted by Hisham in Health, Mosquito Trap - A Cheap Way, Tips.
Tags: Health, Tips
This information may cause massive loss of jobs in insecticides companies, but it could save thousands of innocent lives from the cruel fate of dengue. Our apologies to all branded insecticides in the marketplace. DIY is so easy and its costs are unbelievably negligible. Eradicate Aedes and dengue.
FIGHTING DENGUE MUST START AT EVERY HOME.
Mosquito trap (Prevention of Dengue & other mosquito borne diseases)
It’s just a mixture of water, brown sugar and yeast.
1. Cut a plastic bottle in half, keep both parts. Can be soft drink bottle.
2. Take the lower portion of the bottle. Dissolve the brown sugar in hot water. Let it cool down to ~70 deg F (room temperature).
3. Add the yeast. Carbon dioxide will be formed and will attract the mosquitoes.
4. Cover the bottle with a dark wrap and insert in the top portion upside down like a funnel. Place it in a corner in your house.
5. In 2 weeks you will be surprised by the number of mosquitoes killed.
Dr. D.K.Mathur, Ph.D. (McGill)
Formerly, Principal Scientist & Head, Dairy Microbiology Divn.,
National Dairy Research Institute (ICAR), Karnal 367-A,Old Housing Board Colony KARNAL-132 001(Haryana)
Disclaimer: This information was received via email. We have yet to determine & authenticate the designation of the Doctor above nor try to implement his method. We urge our reader to gather more info before trying it.